Texas Solar Energy Society Welcomes You
The TXSES Mission
To increase the awareness of the potential of solar energy and other renewable energy applications and to promote the wise use of sustainable and non-polluting resources.
We are a chapter of the American Solar Energy Society
Read the May/June issue of Solar Today Magazine and Solar at Work. Find out what's happening in communities around the country with the bi-weekly Solar Citizen!
TXSES is a member of TREIA
TREIA represents 500 member companies in all areas of renewable energy, tapping the infinite to extend the finite.
TXSES is a member of EarthShare Texas
EarthShare Texas supports state and national
environmental organizations through workplace giving campaigns and H-E-B's April tear pad donations. Reliant Energy customers may support us through Reliant EcoShare.
Look below for the latest Science Daily articles on solar energy technology.
Plano Solar Advocates introduces their Solarize Plano Program, connecting residential homeowners that are ready to install solar with local, qualified installers and will take advantage of generous utility incentives that are available for a limited time.
Texas Renewable Energy Industries Association (TREIA) counts 10 successes in the 83rd Legislative Session.
The 17th Annual Cool House Tour was a great success. Thanks to the homeowners, volunteers, professionals and of course, Austin Energy Green Building, who made it possible to showcase the best in energy saving design and construction. See photos of tour day.
New ERCOT report shows that updated energy data makes the case that solar and wind are highly competive with natural gas. Thanks to Colin Meehan from Environmental Defense for his blog and to the Texas Observer for their piece.
Solar San Antonio has published a concise and clear checklist to insure that you planned solar system does not run into interference from your HOA.
A website from the National Renewable Energy Lab makes reading US solar data easy. Check out Time Mapper, an animation of solar pv installations in the nation from 2000 through 2012. This is so cool!
Explore Cathy Redson's Solar 101 workshop. This presentation is considered by many to be one of the best introductions to solar energy ever.
Solar Energy News
- Polymer-coated catalyst protects 'artificial leaf'
- Producing cheaper and more flexible multiple thin crystalline silicon wafers
- Testing artificial photosynthesis: Fully integrated microfluidic test-bed for solar-driven electrochemical energy conversion systems
- Catalyst could jump-start e-cars, green energy
- Organic polymers show sunny potential: Groundwork laid for block copolymer solar cells
- The US shale-gas revolution and European renewables: Divergence and cooperation in alternative energy
- Have health effects from the Chernobyl accident been overestimated?
- Artificial forest for solar water-splitting: First fully integrated artificial photosynthesis nanosystem
- Significant improvement in performance of solar-powered hydrogen generation
- Storage power plant on the seabed